First gourds start popping up in the grocery store. Then come the Black Friday ads. Soon Mother Nature gets in on things and the leaves start to change. Before you know it, the holidays are here and you’re rushing to get your end-of-year orders in. The holiday sales season isn’t sneaky. Some of the signs are already here, but it still manages to take authors by surprise. But not this year. This is the year you beat the holiday rush and here's how.
Step 1: Get Your United States IngramSpark Orders in Early
Regardless of whether your book has anything to do with the holidays, the end of the year is a busy time for you, us, and United States mail carriers. Even if your book isn’t holiday themed, a lot of people give books as gifts. A 2016 survey done by Deloitte showed that over the past 6-years, books have consistently ranked in the top five gifts consumers buy during the holidays. Here are a few other examples for which you may want to plan ahead on your IngramSpark print orders:
- If you have events planned for the rest of the year, order those books now.
- Higher volume orders will take longer to process, order those books now.
- Different book types have different turnaround times (hardcovers take longer than paperbacks), so order those books now.
Order now in anticipation of the unusually high demand that accompanies the end-of-the-year sales season in the United States. And not only demand on you from your readers, but demands on those who help your books get from point A to point B, meaning mail carriers and our printing facilities.
Things to Consider When Placing Your IngramSpark Orders:
- Titles must be in a printable format and approved for production before placing your order.
- Carefully consider your shipping method during high volume times. Refer to your mail carrier's website for their estimated shipping times throughout the end of the year.
- When you place your order, write down your quoted turnaround time for future reference.
Step 2: Place Your Orders Before These IngramSpark Order Recommendations for the United States
You are more than welcome to order books after these recommended dates, but be aware that there are more factors at play at the end of the year that could potentially affect your order delivery date for orders placed after these dates.
December 1, 2017
December 8, 2017
***Rush and express order options will not be available for the rest of the year after DECEMBER 1, 2017.***
Everyone has a lot on their plates during the end of the year. But if you follow these two simple steps, you'll set yourself up to beat the holiday rush and be able to capitalize on more sales opportunities.
Because the end-of-year rush is most prominent in the United States, we're offering a promo code for orders printed in the United States. Use promo code STOCKUP17 when placing print orders between 50 – 1,999 copies, and we will give you 5% OFF your order until October 31.