IngramSpark has been hard at work to expand book options for indie authors. Over the last few months, we've launched three exciting new product offerings: groundwood paper, Digital Cloth™, and Jacketed Case Laminate! Learn more about the new product options.
Jacketed Case Laminate
We’re excited to offer more flexibility and creative freedom for jacketed hardcovers. You can now upload an additional file, designed by you, to print directly on the book underneath your book’s jacket.
See the New Jacketed Case Laminate!
Customize what appears on the book beneath your jacket, for example:
- Replicate the design of your book jacket or upload a solid color of your choosing
- Include your imprint logo and font choice on the book's spine
- Or upload any unique design that you'd like!
This offering is available at an additional charge and in limited trim sizes at the moment.
Trim sizes currently included are:
5 x 8" (203 x 127mm)
5.5 x 8.5" (216 x 140mm)
6 x 9" (229 x 152mm)
6.14 x 9.21" (234 x 156mm)
At the time of title setup, when choosing your print format, simply select the Jacketed Case Laminate option underneath the hardcover binding type.
Wondering how to make your cover stand out? Find out everything you need to know in The Ultimate Guide to Master Your Book Cover Design.
Groundwood is a lightweight, thicker paper and is most popularly paired with mass market and trade content.
- Weight: 38#/56.2 gsm
- PPI: 408
- Opacity: 94
- Brightness: 70
Groundwood is currently available in limited B&W trim sizes, in both paperback and hardcover formats, from select U.S. facilities only.
Digital Cloth™ Cover
In October 2019, we retired our blue and gray cloth book type in favor of a new product offering: Digital Cloth™ cover with linen textured lamination*. Digital Cloth™ is used to describe a digital image designed to mirror the look of our original cloth offering.
What does this mean for the hardcover books in my account?
- As of October 22, 2019 any title previously set up with blue or grey cloth will be printed digitally using a comparable blue and grey digital cloth image.
- No changes to metadata or files are required by you as this happened automatically and did not impact the availability of your titles.
- Spine text that was previously foil stamped is now digitally printed using a non-metallic comparable gold-colored ink.
*Linen textured lamination will not be available in our AU facility and will be replaced by our standard matte lamination.
View the photo gallery to see our Digital Cloth™ cover up close and review FAQs.
Please contact customer support if you have additional questions about our new book types! We're always working on expanding our product options so that YOU can create the book of your dreams.